Monday, October 31, 2011

I will remember you


I will remember you

So, this post is entirely and one hundred percent NON-kink. If that doesn't interest you, feel free to not read.

Today is my daughters birthday, which is always bitter-sweet, because who wants to see their baby get old? She is the only child I have, and most likely will ever have, and she turned 7 today. I know that she isn't all grown up and ready to leave the house or anything, but it is still hard at times to see how far from a cuddly little baby she has come. Although, she is a rockstar, so at least I have that. She is hilarious and I love her more than anything.
Today is also a sad day. Two years ago, after a hard 3 day struggle with life, my niece passed away during a heart surgery we were hoping would save her life.
My entire family was broken from that. We have tried to celebrate my daughter, and only think happy thoughts on Halloween for the past 2 yrs, but it is so hard. We should be celebrating the birthdays of 2 amazing and beautiful little girls, and instead we only get to celebrate one.
I won't compare the loss of a niece to the loss of a child, I can't even imagine the pain her parents go through everyday, not to mention her birthday and the anniversary of her death, but I know that it is absolutely horrific.
There is no point to this blog other than to vent some of my pain and frustration with life and "god" if there is one. I am utterly infuriated that if there is a higher power, it allowed this to happen. And I am so sad inside and unable to express it, that I feel sick.
We miss you little girl, and we all wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment